Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today, September 19th, is Cleo's first birthday!

Cleo's Grandma Jan wrote her a birthday card:
"In the wee hours one year ago, I was blessed with your birth along with your 6 siblings. I knew you were special when you snuggled up to your mom with a big yawn and smile.  What a wonderful and fulfilling time it was for us. I got to love you for 9 weeks and then off you flew to your forever home.  How lucky you were to be the chosen one to make children and young adults smile, to be loved daily by your doting new mom and dad."  


Yesterday, my husband turned to me and said, "She really is our little girl."  We have loved every moment with her.  We feel so fortunate to share our lives with Cleo.


The school has resounded with "Happy Birthday, Cleo" all day.  One of the girls offered to lend her a birthday princess hat, but I thought that might be going a bit too far.  Teachers have stopped by to give their good wishes and tell her how special she is.  She soaks it all up with good grace, just smiling up into their faces.  


We have just come in from our pre-lunchtime romp on the field.  It is Indian Summer here in Monterey, the most beautiful time of year--sunny and eighty degrees.  From our hilltop we can see all the way down to the Bay.  Cleo investigated new gopher holes, regarded a ground squirrel with interest and chased her favorite ball, running back with it to snuggle in my lap on every return.  It's been a great day so far.


For me, It has been another happy day in a string of happy days since Cleo and I met at the Phoenix airport.


Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day, big one-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment